Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Killer in 150 Words or Less

.

So sue me, or throw the law book at me, or you know, the axe - Tina get the axe! I liked it okay. It loses a lot of steam once Ben Walker's nose putty grows and the beard clambers across his face like a sudden fur infestation, but I liked it okay. He and Dominic Cooper have mad chemistry - they spend their entire meet-n-greet mostly half-naked! - so I kept hoping for The Real Abe Lincoln Story, but I suppose hoping for The Real Abe Lincoln Story in  a thing named Abraham Lincoln Vampire Killer was an idea beyond still-birthed. Anyway it was well-shot with some terrific 3D and took itself seriously when it needed to and unseriously the rest of the time. I can't speak ill of cinema that uses horses as projectiles, I just can't. Not nearly as lousy as it's gotten pummeled for. 
.

2 comments:

Carlos Rivera said...

Hi, I just discovered you blog, and absolutely love it. For sure I'll follow u. Nice work. By the way, I can not wait to see the upcoming vampire movie, loving vampires ahaha.

Best Regards.

RC of strangecultureblog said...

"Horses as projectiles" - HA!

You mentioning that makes me think they need to redo Twister as a 3D film so we can see Cows as tornado projectiles.