Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Good Morning, World

.

A happy 42nd birthday to the actor and pretty person Brad Rowe, who as it turns out has never had a single picture of himself posted here at MNPP. Weird, right? Okay it's not that weird, I've still never even seen his big gay breakthrough Billy's Hollywood Screen Kiss - I simply cannot abide Sean Hayes. I've been meaning to watch his 2008 gay movie Shelter, which got a lot of good notices, but haven't made it there quite yet. So basically what I'm saying is I have never really seen him in anything (I probably saw the episode of the super crazy sadly short-lived TV series Drive, made by the brilliant Tim Minear and starring Nathan Fillion and Amy Acker, sigh I wish that show had lasted) but I do know who he is. You make a point of knowing who people that look like this are, am I right?


2 comments:

triggerua said...

I'll give you the Sean Hayes thing, but you still need to see Billy's Hollywood Screen Kiss. It is rough and amateurish but it does an amazing job of capturing a feeling that most young gay men had to deal with in the 80's and early 90's. Also, what do you think of Girls on HBO? I am loving every disturbing minute of it.

Jason Adams said...

Loooooooooove Girls. I've loved every episode but the last scene in this week's episode was fucked up in the most amazing way - I'm in awe of the shit Lena Dunham's expressing on television. She has complicated the hell out of these characters emotionally in just five episodes. I keep thinking how wacky that final scene would have played on something like Sex and the City, and how here it was played as ridiculous but also kind of hot and also really depressing and pathetic and funny and awful. It was bravura storytelling and acting.