Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I Am Link

--- Blue Suede Bana - Eric Bana is not going to play Elvis, says him, after all. We heard that was a possibility back in October. Then what the hell are you going to do, Eric? Because I sure ain't seeing you enough. Well here's something - he told this to reporters at Tribeca, where his latest movie, a thriller called Deadfall in which he plays a bad guy, was premiering. Him being a bad guy is exciting and THR calls it gory and violent, so cool, but it got mixed reviews and co-stars that Olivia Wilde person I just don't like, so any enthusiasm here is dampened somewhat.

--- Speaking of hot guys playing bad dudes, Til Schwieger and Mads Mikkelson are both playing bad dudes in a movie called The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman, says DH. The movie actually stars Shia LaBeouf though, so it won't just be two hours of Mads and Til making out on a pile of corpses, unfortunately.

--- Lizard King - Stephen King's 1987 fantasy novel The Eyes of the Dragon is getting turned into something or other - a long-form series? A set of movies? - for SyFy. The arbiter of quality entertainment! I swear I read this book way back when but seeing the title was this whole, "Oh yeah, that's a thing" experience so I'll be damned if I remember shit about it. There are probably dragons? Singular maybe?

--- Got Bank - A crime thriller called Cut Bank has just lined up a bunch of people I really want to watch in a movie together - Armie Hammer, Ben Kingsley, Michael Sheen, John Malkovich and the delightful Theresa Palmer, who was totally charming in the otherwise mostly terrible 80s-set comedy Take Me Home Tonight that I've been clamoring for more ever since. She's also got the zom-rom-com Warm Bodies with Nicky Hoult coming up. All you need to know about this Cut Bank movie's director is that he's directed episodes of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Win!

--- Toni Time - I am totally indifferent to Dev Patel, so the only reason I'm mentioning his next movie which is called Defiant is because it will co-star someone I am the opposite of indifferent to - Toni Collette. It's about honor killing in India and yadda yadda Toni! This reminds me, I need to check and see what's going on with her reunion with director PJ Hogan called Mental. Shouldn't I be sitting in a damn theater watching this already?

--- High School Debate - All kinds of possible cool casts unloading today - Clive Owen and Juliette Binoche are lining up to star in a movie called Words and Pictures about a high school art teacher getting into a rivalry of sorts with the resident English teacher, over which is for lack of a better word, better - words or pictures. And because it's Juliette Binoche, we will cry. And cry, and cry.

--- Naive Spelled Backwards - Glenn's taking a look back at the year 1994, which he calls his favorite year in film, for a new project, and he starts right off with a winner in the wonderful Reality Bites. My "Wino Forever" tattoo is ringing!

2 comments:

Ames said...

"Mads and Til making out on a pile of corpses" would be weirdly and singularly erotic. Just throwing that out there.

Ilka said...

Hahahaha Eyes of the Dragon is one of my favorite books! Of course I read it when I was a kid, but I've reread it at least ten times, and I think most recently about 5 years ago. It is seriously fun and has a great villain. You could read it again in a day or two I bet.