Thursday, March 01, 2012

This Little Piggy Went To... Murder!!!

.

Happy 40th annual National Pig Day everybody! On this day back in the year 1972 two sisters started up the tradition to honor these the smartest and sweetest meated of quadrupeds, and here we are forty years later apparently still doing that. And now I want some bacon. So in honor of this most mouth-watering of holidays, I give you five of my favorite horror movie pig appearances.
.


The ones that eat Gary Oldman in Hannibal


Farmer Vincent in Motel Hell


Leatherface's piggy sounds


Annie Wilkes' pet sow Misery


Prom night pig's blood!

And even though it's not technically a horror movie, the scene in Spirited Away where Sen's parents get turned into pigs is some freaky ass shit.


Or that scene in The Wizard of Oz where Dorothy falls into the pen!

Photobucket

So scary! Ahh! Pigs are so horrible.
Yet also so delicious. What a conundrum.

As I thought about this list I had a horrible realization - I've never seen any of the actual full-fledged Killer Pig movies out there. Which... what? How is that possible? Shame on me. I've never seen the 2009 Korean movie Chaw or the 2010 French movie Prey; I've never seen the 1972 rape revenge thriller Daddy's Deadly Darling aka Pigs where the leading lady feeds men who remind her of her abusive father to some especially man-flesh desirous swine; I've never seen Razorback which oh my god I watched a couple of clips from Razorback just now on YouTube and I have got to see Razorback immediately.
.

I should have a pig-a-thon. And eat bacon the whole time. And then I would probably die, from bacon. And fear! I want that on my tombstone. "He died as he lived, from bacon and fear."
.

7 comments:

zyzzyva said...

Not a horro movie, but I immediately thought of Time Bandits...

zyzzyva said...

*horroR, obviously...

Jee Jay said...

just last fall on American Horror Story a pig killer terrorized that darling Eric Stonestreet.

The Bloody Munchkin said...

If you have a pig-o-thon, may I humbly suggest putting bacon salt on your popcorn, or getting bacon popcorn instead of eating your weight in bacon. Healthier alternative and it still involves bacon.

Anonymous said...

What about that scene in Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome when Tina lowers the Master into the pigpen? I think they had killed someone earlier in the move by doing that. Gruesome.

Pannyxeos said...

I always think of Wu's pig sty in Deadwood. Those are some pigs I wouldn't want to meet

Sam79 said...

So NPD explains the release of this fantastic new add from UK newpsaper The Guardian:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDGrfhJH1P4