Friday, February 03, 2012

Quote of the Day

.
I always knew I loved Donald Sutherland. I mean, come on: Invasion of the Body Snatchers and Don't Look Now and Six Degrees of Separation... obviously the man is spectacular. But I have an even warmer place inside my heart for him now that I've read this story at EW - apparently he wrote The Hunger Games director Gary Ross an "impassioned" email about why he should play President Snow, the leader of the districts in the story's future world and basically the main villain, and say Ross:

"It was a long thoughtful analysis of the way power is wielded and why, how it controls people and what the use of the Games were and how pernicious they were and the way that they were used as an instrument of political control. It was so eloquent and brilliant that it actually inspired me to write two extra scenes for him that I think are pivotal in the movie and that Suzanne really loves."

How great is that? Donald Sutherland is a total geek for The Hunger Games just like us! I wonder if he mentioned if he's on Team Peeta or Team Gale too. You just know he's scrawled "Donald Everdeen" all over the back of his notebooks covered with little hearts.
.

1 comment:

theduckthief said...

That is incredibly awesome. Can't wait for the movie!