Monday, February 06, 2012

And Then This Was A Thing

.

I knew that Eli Roth was in Chile because he'd blogged several times that he was in Chile. What I did not know what he was in Chile because a Chilean director named Nicolas Lopez was directing a thriller called Aftershock about an earthquake that Eli wrote and that Eli would be starring in. What what what? Says Deadline:

"It’s the next ‘Eli Roth Presents’ film, and it marks the English-language debut from director Nicolas Lopez. His last two films, Que Pena Tu Vida and Que Pena Tu Boda, were the highest-grossing Chilean films of 2010 and 2011. Roth most recently produced The Last Exorcism, a microbudget film that grossed $70 million worldwide.

... Roth and Lopez wrote the story together, inspired by the latter’s experience when an earthquake devastated Chile in 2010. The film is four weeks into production in Chile. In his first big acting role since Inglourious Basterds, Roth plays the lead. Among the other cast is Selena Gomez, who was in Chile doing a concert and came over to do a cameo."

Uhhhhh.... what? Selena Gomez, huh? That Selena Gomez? Okay... sure why not. I'd heard about Eli working on an earthquake script before - I was not expecting him to be in front of the camera, though. Hrm. Anyway I quite enjoyed looking at him in Inglourious, so I suppose am okay with this. Perhaps the earthquake will strike while he's showering and he'll spend the whole movie running through rubble in just a towel. Bring on the Bear Jew fur!

3 comments:

iñaki said...

Wow, he's been in Chile for a while and I hadn't heard about it. Nicolás Lopez is a terrible director and his films are awful, but whatever, if he brought Eli Roth here then I won't complain. I hope Aftershock is at least decent.

Now excuse me while I go camp in the street while I read Eli's twitter to know where he's at and see if I can run into him.

Jason Adams said...

Oh I meant to ask if anybody's seen any of this guy Lopaz's films - so they're terrible then, iñaki? Word of them had never made its way to me before.

And "read Eli's twitter" sounds like a dirty euphemism. ;)

Sean said...

Let's get real, he is not really a great actor either. Don't shoot the messenger.