Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Why Didn't Anybody Tell Me...

.

... how much I was going to like Tiny Furniture?
I feel like none of you people know me at all, sigh.

I am kidding of course. Everybody talked about Lena Dunham and her lil' movie and somehow I stayed away, until now. My loss! (Until now.) I suppose I was afraid of it being all the things Miranda July is FALSELY accused of and annoying me for it - twee and aimless and all that jazz. Well it ain't. It's much funnier than I anticipated - dear goodness me, what a lark Jemima Kirke is as rehabbed-for-blow pill-popping old new best friend Charlotte, I want to quote everything she says at you right now - and much more interestingly shot, and now I've got my knickers all twisted up in expectant anticipation for Dunham's TV show with HBO Girls alongside all the other hipper-than-thou hipsters. I can and do appreciate Dunham's brief but memorable turn as the annoying barista-next-door in Ti West's The Innkeepers now though. But I'm kind of pissed off I can't count the movie in my 2011 awards whenever they happen since it got released in 2010 and I was just an abominable slowpoke. Cheated! You coulda been a contendah, Tiny Furniture. Mopey mope mope.


3 comments:

Audrey said...

She's quite the funny on Twitter as well. I think a year ago, maybe even before that, she retweeted me. Do you think I'll ever stop talking about it? No, no I will not.

MrJeffery said...

i loved the movie! can't believe she wrote, directed, and starred in it. quite a talent.

Glenn said...

LOVED this movie. If it had actually received a release (other than a local film festival) then it would have likely been my #2 of the year.