Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Good Morning, World

.

Last one in's a rotten Benno!

Photobucket

A happy 40th birthday to the German actor Benno Fürmann today. Another one of our many German crushes, ever since he starred in Tom Tykwer's terrific The Princess and the Warrior, a movie that's in some serious need of rewatching. He also made a terrific bad guy, also against his Warrior co-star the terribly missed Franke Potente (where are you, Franke?), in Anatomy, and as long as I'm bringing Anatomy up...

Photobucket

... I did always have a fondness for that shot. Oh and if you're in need of knowing what the bathtub scene up top is from, it's some 1999 movie called Ne günstige Gelegenheit (roughly translates to No Good Opportunity, I think?), which I have not seen. The more you know...
.

1 comment:

Sean said...

Shoot. They have it on Amazon Region 2 for $35! Yikes, would like to see it though. I had no idea he is forty. Depressing.