Thursday, December 15, 2011

Is This The Real Life? Is This Just Fantasy?

.

Everything about this trailer for Dario Argento's Dracula 3D with Thomas Kretschmann as the titular vamp is perfect, right down to the word "trailor" being misspelled. By perfect I think you know I mean oh my christ did my eyes really just see a fucking enormous praying mantis attack a man?


Yes, Yes, yes I did. Watch it!
.

.
Thanks to Final Girl for the heads-up. I cannot even believe what I just watched. Once upon a time this man made Suspiria, y'all. Good lord. But it looks so bad, so beyond the pale, that I'm foaming at the mouth (along with all the actors) for it now. Just how horrible can it be? It doesn't look dull-unwatchable like his last movie was, at least. It has a fucking giant praying mantis! This has all the making of the most awesomely-terrible terribly-awesome I don't know what in ages! Forthwith several caps.

7 comments:

Jasper said...

How could you not cap "VISUAL EFFECTS WORK IN PROGRESS"? That was my favorite part!

The animation reminds me of my favorite moment from the third season of Parks and Recreation:

http://video.aol.com/video/animated-curse-on-parks-and-recreation-031711-tv-replay/2168033766

Jasper said...

(The owl, I mean.)

Jason Adams said...

I didn't cap the owl shot (or the actual shot of the giant mantis either) because I think everyone must experience that for themselves and behold the wonder on their own, in their own special way. ;)

Prospero said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Prospero said...

Wow. Just... wow. It almost has an old Hammer Studios feel to it, only way dumber...

Clarke said...

I can't wait!! That is some serious cheese right there, gotta the WTF praying mantis!

Sean said...

Wow, is this a joke? It has to be right?