Monday, November 07, 2011

Bad Teacher in 300 Words or Less

.
I don't know what possessed me to put Bad Teacher in last night. There were a couple of factors I guess - the boyfriend's out of town and I knew he'd smartly have scratched my eyes out if I tried to make him watch it. I wanted something that I would only have to pay half attention to and yet maybe still get a couple chuckles out of it while doing that. And I do tend to like Cameron Diaz in comedies. I mean I saw her once in person a couple of years ago and she looked like a yellow Velociraptor so I don't particularly find her amongst the sexiest of actresses, but she's got charm and comedic timing, and this movie seemed like it could have some of the nasty joie de vivre of Bad Santa, its obvious forebear. 


Well whatever the accumulation of factors that led me here, I spit in their face with hate! Stupid factors, I hate you! Hate! What a piece of crap. Montrously tone-deaf. And how was this not the permanent nail in the "Justin Timberlake can act" coffin? The very first line that tumbles out of his mouth, where he introduces himself, falls right off the face of the Earth it is so unbelievable in its utterance. He sounds like he's wearing a person suit for the first time, and we might find some alien monster under his skin if we ripped off his face. Now that would've been a way to end the movie.

Photobucket

Alas, hormones win out again - the only reason I am even bothering to write anything about this movie at all is to include these gifs of his dry-humping in jeans scene, because as much as I hate him as an actor I still have eyes.

Photobucket

11 comments:

Sean said...

I am sorry, I will NEVER see anything with Justin Timberlake in it again. So the "Social Network" and I thought he was the worst thing in that entire movie. Why Fincher why? Anyway, I'll pass and I don't find him cute either. Go back to "music" where you belong. Sorry on a rant this Monday morning.

Jason Adams said...

Don't apologize, I totally agree! Except for that he's totally got a hot ass.

But terrible reviews aside I feel bad I haven't seen and won't bother to see In Time until maybe I can fast forward through his scenes when its on DVD, and I'm not seeing it just because of how effing lousy he is.

Anonymous said...

His presence is just unbearably smug, when there's really nothing to be smug about considering his considerable lack of acting talent.

This movie was a turd. Maybe 3 good lines, but it was very similar to Horrible Bosses in the sense that it thinks swearing in and of itself is a riot, and is casually sexist. Neither movie has any understanding about what makes humor "edgy" besides saying "fuck" and racist/homophobic/sexist things. A complete lack of wit.

and with Justin fucking Timberlake in the center of it....

Jason Adams said...

"Neither movie has any understanding about what makes humor "edgy" besides saying "fuck" and racist/homophobic/sexist things."

I usually grant a long leash to this sort of thing but I was really struck dumb by the gag at the end where the punchline was that Lucy Punch's character was being sent to... wait for it... Malcolm X High School! Oh no not Malcolm X! That sounds so terrifying and black! I mean if it had some sort of wit about it maybe that joke could've worked somehow, maybe, but the word "casual" that you bring up, anon, is perfect because the film obviously takes an assumptive stance of the viewer having some sort of natural built-in terror of a place called Malcolm X High School. Fuck you, movie.

Sean said...

Wow, we are on a roll here. To paraphrase John Waters, I am glad that I am not the only hater here! Smug is an understatement. I totally loved reading that. Cute ass aside, he just seems so fem. Certainly not a man's man in my eyes. Maybe he should hang out with the Bieber to get that shot of testosterone that he oh so craves. Oh well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder I suppose.

Anonymous said...

I feel like these movies are like the human equivalent of Chelsea Handler. She saw someone (lets say Sarah Silverman) say potentially offensive things and get big laughs, and then basically just repeated it without any understanding of why Silverman's work is funny in the first place.

These movies think they're skewering stereotypes/prejudices (ala Silverman) but really just end up enforcing them (ala Handler) b/c they lack the smarts/talent to do otherwise.

note: John Francis Daley (Sam from Freaks and Geeks) is a writer of Horrible Bosses. Depressing.

Jee Jay said...

Here's the problem with Mr. JT.

why the f**k hasn't he been in a movie musical yet? What is up with Hollywood being scared to death of putting music stars in movie musicals using the songs that made them popular in the first place? It's crazy.

It's the Madonna story all over again. The biggest star on the planet at the time made a lot of movies but only one musical, and even that wasn't HER music. (not counting 'Blonde Ambition' tour because she essentially put that together herself)

Anyway, here is some Timberlake doing what he should be doing:

http://youtu.be/kuViNWgXAZA

Smith said...

is that all the timberlake ass there is in the movie, 'cause if that's it i'll just stare at the gif for a few more hours and spare myself the movie....

Joe Reid said...

The biggest disappointment in Bad Teacher is that there is, in fact, no Timberlake ass. That's what Friends with Benefits is for!

I can't defend this movie at all, because it is awful and irredeemable on all fronts. But I will continue to be baffled by the "smug" epithet tossed at Justin as anything but rampant envy and haterism. Haterism of the highest degree!

(Though, seriously, between this and the snippets I've seen of JT in "In Time," he does seem to be regressing on the acting front. I maintain that he has promise.)

MrJeffery said...

this post is hilarious

and i totally can save watching this for $4.99 on demand by lookin' at these gifs!

Anonymous said...

"And how was this not the permanent nail in the "Justin Timberlake can act" coffin?"

A million times yes!