Monday, October 03, 2011

Thomas Jane's Past Taste For Man Meat

.
Well I didn't intend to do back-to-back Thomas Jane posts, but this deserves a mention on its lonesome, I'd say. In an interview with the LAT he talks about his recently scorned "dick in mouth" comments and how he meant them in regards to the close-minded character he plays on Hung, and then as well, well, things move on to his own dick in mouth moments...

"Hey, you grow up as an artist in a big city, as James Dean said, you're going to have one arm tied behind your back if you don't accept people's sexual flavors. You know, when I was a kid out here in L.A., I was homeless, I didn't have any money and I was living in my car. I was 18. I wasn't averse to going down to Santa Monica Boulevard and letting a guy buy me a sandwich. Know what I mean?

... You're a lot more open to experimentation as a young man. And for me, being a young artist and broke in Los Angeles, I was exploring my sexual identity. And probably because of my middle-class, white blue-collar upbringing, I would have never had the opportunity to confront some of my own fears and prejudices had I not been hungry enough to be forced to challenge myself in that way.

So then it was productive for you in terms of self-knowledge?

Yeah, absolutely. It blew the doors off of my conventional upbringing and thinking and opened up possibilities for me that were akin to World War III. And then you actually have a choice, and I chose to be a heterosexual guy because that's what my DNA dictates and my nurture dictates that I am.

Then is that a choice?

I don't know. I think up to a point it's a choice. But I'll tell you what — it's not a choice until you're open enough to experience both male and female sexuality. Until you've tasted the food, you don't know whether you'll like it or not, as my mom always said.

Well there we have it. Thomas Jane has sampled man. I don't think anybody that ever saw the scene of him and Vincent D'Onofrio making out in The Velocity of Gary could have ever thought otherwise, because this scene of just kissing is so hot it makes Vincent fucking D'Onofrio sexy.
.

.
I posted a bunch of pictures from this movie way back when.
.

5 comments:

Bev said...

Love this movie!!! Huge D'Onofrio fan.

maja said...

oh yes.
i'm so deeply, passionately in love with this kiss.

Prospero said...

I wrote about that kiss, recently One of the sexiest in queer cinema. D'Onofrio was so damned hot, back in the day...

AK said...

Weird. I've always thought D'Onofrio was the hotter of the two! Rob

whodat said...

There is absolutely no doubt that both Vincent D'Onofrio and Thomas Jane were sexy as hell. And, I wanted nothing more than to watch them wreck each other with their massive rubber parts until they snapped each other's spines. And my fantasy was to be in the middle with both of them completely wrecking me together.