Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I Am Link

.
--- A Hostel Environment - I was hoping I could avoid having to mention it when I saw it last week and it blew my mind with its awfulness, but now everybody's posting it and making fun of it so my silence is ringing in my own ears. I'd hoped I could just pretend it didn't exist and then sneak off and watch it without telling anybody! I speak of the trailer for the direct-to-DVD Hostel III, which Eli Roth had nothing to do with and which totally appears to be living up to its "direct-to-DVD" status. I have to watch it because it stars Thomas Kretschmann (and to a lesser extent Kip Pardue), but that doesn't mean y'all should torture yourselves (ha, torture) by bothering. I don't understand Thomas Kretschmann's career. He should have a better career.

--- Boys Club - Two more menfolk have joined that Arnold Schwarzenegger movie I keep rambling about, The Last Stand - Forest Whitaker, who against all odds I generally dislike, and Johnny Knoxville, who against all odds I continue to like. Seriously though, have any women been cast in this? Talk about a sausage-fest.

--- Scare Time - Super excited for the new series at The Film Experience on the intersection between horror movies and the Oscars that'll take us up through All Hallows at the end of the month! It started off last evening with Robert's take on the 1953 animated short The Tell-Tale Heart, which is really weird because I have has TTTH on my mind for a good week now completely out of the blue. I realized I haven't read the story since I was a kid and I really want to. Anyway you'll see more, from me even, over at TFE over the next couple weeks, so stay tuned!

--- More Than Meets The Eye - The rumor that Jason Statham might be taking over the Transformers franchise from Shia Labeouf for both a fourth and fifth entry seems to be gathering steam. Unfortunately they appear to want Michael Bay to stick around though, so expect inevitable suckitude anyway. I think seeing Jason Statham punch a robot in the dick might be worth it though.

--- Fishy Dish - The other day I noticed that Piranha 3DD (yup, that title's still cracking me up) was set to come out at Thanksgiving, which seemed nuts since from what I've seen we haven't seen anything press-wise from the film yet. So it doesn't surprise me to hear that the studio's yanked that date from the schedule and are now saying it'll be out sometime next year. It saddens me, I want my 3DD, but it doesn't surprise me.
.

2 comments:

Jasper said...

What's weird about Piranha 3DD is that the poster doesn't at all play up the 3DD part, and I think it's a pretty sly and ridiculous title, so I'm disappoint.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_a-6Nu8ugcQ/ToHy1jtAOeI/AAAAAAAAHgY/mbQwHHFl8aU/s1600/MarketSaw_02%2BSep.%2B27%2B12.59.jpg

p.s. In looking for the poster, I just saw the news from yesterday that Piranha 3DD's release has apparently been postponed to some point in 2012. Oh well.

Jasper said...

In other news, I obviously need to read the whole item before I write and submit a comment and realize that half of it is addressed in the post.