Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Help Me, Hive Mind

.

The New York Film Festival just announced a special sneak preview screening next week. But they're not telling us what it is! How am I supposed to know if I want to buy tickets if I don't know what I'm seeing? I hate surprises. Here's what they do say:

"The New York Film Festival is proud to announce that for the second time in our 49 year history, we have the privilege of presenting a work in progress from a master filmmaker. The film is due to be released in theaters this year."

Two possibilities have been thought up: Hugo by Martin Scorsese and Young Adult by Jason Reitman (thx Joe). I would totally be up for either of those. Anybody got any other suggestions for a movie by a "master filmmaker" that could still be not quite finished at this point but is scheduled to be out before the end of the year anyway? Maybe one of the two Spielberg joints?
.

7 comments:

Joe K said...

Could be Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, but the two you guessed are probably more likely.

Adam said...

I would assume J. Edgar because NYFF loves Eastwood and if they label it as a "work in progress" it can still premiere at AFI.

The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo is also probable.

Hugo, War Horse and especially Young Adult are outside chances. Scorsese does already have one film at NYFF...

DuchessKitty said...

My guess would be Hugo. But I would get a ticket no matter what.

Jason Adams said...

Adam - my guess was Hugo because of having seen pics of Scorsese at the fest yesterday with his George Harrison doc, so we know he's around.

I would EXPLODE with joy if it were Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.

Mike said...

But is Hugo a work in progress? I was thinking The Iron Lady as a work in progress, but that’s not from a master filmmaker.

Best guesses for films that are still in work are: Dragon Tattoo, J. Edgar, and Loud and Close.

What if it’s On The Road by Walter Salles or The Wettest County??

Christiane said...

I'm thinking either On the Road or even Flowers of War (Zhang Yimou). Just a guess though.

Derek said...

Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close?