Friday, September 09, 2011

Tucker and Dale vs. Evil in 150 Words or Less

.
The idea behind Tucker and Dale vs. Evil is pretty golden - what if the hillbilly rednecks always getting blamed for killing teenagers in horror movies were actually the ones being tormented by judgmental teenagers jumping to conclusions - and it keeps the movie chugging along for a good long while with some top notch high hilarity. Alan Tudyk - who fills out his hillbilly overalls nicely - and Tyler Labine make for an amusing duo, like Laurel and Hardy meets Deliverance. Just smear some Sam Raimi and Shaun of the Dead on top. There's even a "Pancakes!" shout-out! It loses some steam towards the end and somehow ends up feeling a little long at just 89 minutes, but I'd be up for Tucker and Dale Vs. Other Things. Maybe they could team up with Bruce Campbell and fight Bubba Nosferatu!
.

2 comments:

Jee Jay said...

It's Tyler Labine, not Taylor.

... strange you have no trouble spelling gyllenhaal, kretschmann, fassbender, schoenarts...

You're using up all your brainspace for fantasy boyfriends!

Jason Adams said...

Fixed it!

Believe me, I misspell and have to go back and fix Kretschmann every time I type it, I write Fassbinder instead of Fassbender half the time, Gyllenhaal took work at first but I got that one down by now, and I cut and paste "Matthias Schoenarts" every single time in that post yesterday. I'm a misspelling machine!