Friday, September 16, 2011

Chrissy Hendricks, Stiletto Wobbler

.

What is it about that image, momentarily heralded in the trailer for Drive, that feels so instantly iconic to me? Christina, bless her full-bodied stature, is not a small lady, so tossing her up on those franken-heels in what appear to be jeggings of some sort (?) and then forcing her to lug a hefty bag across a parking lot? Seems to me akin to Hitchcock tossing seagulls at Tippi Hedren's face for two days. And the pain and suffering was all worth it, I says! It's a visual kapow. (Here's my actual review of the movie.)

We talk some more about Drive, plus Gus Van Sant's latest and the Straw Dogs remake, in today's Friday release round-up at Celebrity Beehive. Speaking of the latter, judging from the reviews I guess I can put away my hopes that in this version they'd do a gender-swap and it'd be Alex and Jimmy acting out hot and heavy play-rapes. Alas.

1 comment:

RJ said...

SPOILER. SERIOUSLY YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. DRIVE SPOILER.

Poor Christie Hendricks. That scene was brutal. I love her. I want a whole movie built around her.