Thursday, August 04, 2011

Skin Loosed

.

I was just updating my calendar with movie release dates - don't act like you don't do the same thing! - and in so doing came upon Pedro Almodovar's The Skin I Live In page of release dates. It comes out in the US on October 14th, but at that link it also lists the film as showing at this year's New York Film Festival on October 8th. Correct me if I'm wrong but I've been following NYFF news and all they've formally announced so far is the opening night film - Roman Polanski's Carnage - and the centerpiece film - My Week With Marilyn with Michelle Williams tackling Miss Monroe (not to mention Dominic Cooper... not tackling Marilyn Monroe too, he's just in the movie, although that'd be something to see) - and so perhaps somebody updating something at IMDb jumped the gun? Whatever the case I plan on watching the fuck out of the NYFF this year so I'll be there!

The final weekend of the fest is also when NY's ComicCon is happening, plus the remake of The Thing comes out... I will be a busy bee. Speaking of...
.

.
I had a laughing fit recently when this part of Best In Show 
popped into my head. "That's a bear in a bee costume."
.

2 comments:

Gary said...

Such an awesome scene and Parker Posey is so brilliant.

a_bluish_ether said...

parker posey oh man, in about forty years when she dies, Hollywood will be so upset they never rewarded her when she is brilliant...that being said, I don't know if she has had that one really iconic role yet.