Friday, July 08, 2011

Meet Brienne the Beauty

.

One of the most important characters in George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire book series that we haven't met yet on HBO's show is Brienne of Tarth, who is a physically imposing, oft described in incredibly unflattering terms looks-wise, lady-knight for Renly, King Robert's brother who we saw getting his manliness shaved off by that gleaming twink last season. Casting Brienne was always gonna be a challenge because of how she's described - she's enormous and freckled and just awkward looking (but under all that she's noble and loyal and just awesome as all get-out). Well they found their Brienne! Her name is Gwendoline Christie, and that's her up top. 
GRRM talks about her here.

What do we think? It almost seems dickish to say to the woman, "Hey I can totally see it!" But uh I can totally see it. Her only previous acting role according to was as "Classy Shopper" in The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus and the weird thing is it's been ages since I saw that movie just one time and I didn't even like it really but I can totally recall her scene. But then again LOOK AT HER:


I mean, hello.
.

No comments: