Monday, June 27, 2011

I Am Link

.
--- Return To Oz - Chris Meloni is apparently up for "a major role" in Zach Snyder's Superman movie. We don't know what that role is yet, although if he signs on I'm guessing we'll hear soon. There's speculation he could be Lex Luthor, or perhaps Perry White. I guess Snyder need someone willing to make out with dudes and moon the audience for his Superman movie? That'd make it different than previous incarnations, for sure.

--- Toy Boxed - I'm really hoping that Tom Hanks was just talking out of his ass when he mentioned the possibility of a fourth Toy Story movie, because that is a terrible idea.It would be a terrible idea even in the wake of Cars 2 - the Toy Story franchise wrapped up just fine already in the third film. Just make the damned Incredibles sequel already, you fools!

--- Slim Jim - I've been meaning to give some love to Jim Sturgess for a few months now but keep forgetting, so I'll take that attractive new photo of him in his new rom-com-of-sorts with Anne Hathaway (via PopWrap) as the chance to make it up momentarily. I'd never seen him in anything until I watched his odd Gaiman-y London-based horror-flick Heartless - before that he never jumped out of pictures at me, but once you actually see him in motion I discovered his appeal. And he is very appealing.

--- Rocco To Rebel
- Nat's updated the schedule for his "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" series, which is always a treat - upcoming films include some Visconti & Delon, some Aliens, and some Jimmy Dean.

--- Bad Andy - Just in time for tennis season, Joe's posted a ranking of the hotness of the 16 dudes at Wimbledon. Scanning through it the first time this morning I missed that it was ranking the people still playing and got all defensive about the lack of Andy Roddick, but Andy already blew it I guess. Well even if he sucks, I'll take this chance to exploit him at least. (As a sidenote though, I'm getting a little obsessed with Feliciano Lopez these days, so he might start popping up post-wise.)

--- New Flesh - Over at Stale Popcorn Glenn's taking a look at three grand ol' flicks, slapping Cronenberg around with Vivien Leigh, mounting Eisenstein with Debbie Harry, to delightful effect.

--- Rescue Rosario - I worry for Rosario Dawson. She should be getting better work. She is a delight, yet somehow she's stuck in third tier parts in Kevin James comedies. The horror. Good news: she's just signed on for a lead role in an indie drama called Fire With Fire. Bad news: from the description at that link it sounds like it's much more the male lead's film, and the male lead is played by Josh Duhamel, which... well he's pretty. And he's playing a fireman here, so that'll be some fantasy fuel. But that only marginally makes up for the probable sidelining of Rosario. Unless there's a scene like this one from Backdraft. Then all bets are off.)

--- And finally, Spike Jonze's Scenes From the Suburbs is online! Watch it here (via) - and I recommend expanding it to full-screen. I personally haven't finished watching it yet, though I've only gotten about 10 minutes in so far and will have to finish it tonight. 
.

3 comments:

Scot said...

You've never seen a Jim Sturgess movie? Really? Maybe you should stop watching some of the horror schlock crap you so often review here and watch a few good movies every now and then.
Across The Universe was an excellent movie, although you might be too young to appreciate it.
Fifty Dead Men Walking was most excellent and Sturgess was a powerhouse, not easy to do when co-starring with Ben Kingsley. Plus Rose McGowan is always fun to watch and Kevin Zegers is always pretty and fun to look at.
Sturgess is an excellent actor and after seeing Across The Universe, I can say nhe's a pretty hood singer too.

Scot said...

GOOD singer is what I meant. I guess hood singer would be something completely different.
Sorry 'bout that.

Joe Reid said...

Yes, definitely start seeing good movies like Across the Universe.