Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Here They Come

.
.
I saw Stake Land back in February and it kicked my ass, but I wasn't allowed to say anything at the time. Well the time has arrived, the movie opens on April 22nd, apparently both in theaters and Video On Demand, but I'll be damned if I can write a proper review off the  flighty fumes of my recollection. My brain is weak sauce.

There's actually a free screening of it here in NYC tonight... not that I can make it, but perhaps you can. Then you can remind me of what I wanted to say about the film. But it is good! It is very good. I think. It stars Gossip Girl's Connor Paolo, Halloween and Hatchet's Danielle Harris, and Kelly McGillis yes that Kelly McGillis, amongst others, as survivors in a vampified world. I do remember it is brutal as all get out, and pays real mind to character above coolness, which is a welcome approach in this day and age obsessed with cool.
.

1 comment:

richardporter said...

I'll never understand why folks like watching horror flicks. That was disgusting.