Monday, February 28, 2011

My Review of the Oscars

.

This one time I was making Kraft Macaroni & Cheese - the height of my culinary abilities! - and hovering over the stove, stirring it constantly, behaving as if this were very serious business. My boyfriend came into the kitchen and looked at me for a few seconds and said to me, "It's still gonna be macaroni. It's always gonna be macaroni." This turned out to be an important life lesson. Now I don't pay that much attention to the macaroni, and what do you know, it finds its way into being macaroni, and in the end, it is macaroni. It's always macaroni.
.
.

9 comments:

Joe Reid said...

Oh, I've wasted my life on macaroni.

Jason Adams said...

Macaroni can be delicious! I'm just saying people shouldn't get so upset when the entirely expected result of months of boring expectations are met to a tee, is all. I also think that with the industry that's grown around The Oscars it's become a self-fulfilling prophesy, who wins - it seems like there are fewer and fewer surprises every year because of the attention being paid, we know what everybody's voting for months, and then the awards happen and whose been winning wins and everybody's screaming BORING! Well duh.

RJ said...

I'm sorry ... did you write something? I was distracted.

Anonymous said...

He was awful. She was awful. The end.

Jason Adams said...

I forgot to mention that the line of the night belonged to Cate Blanchett.

"Eww, that was gross."

Anonymous said...

I was thinking two things when I saw Franco last night in that ballet outfit. One: What a hawt ass! I'd tap that. Two: I've got to get a jpg of that. Oh wait, I'm sure Plaid Pants will have it. Phew!

You deliver better than the Oscars, dude.

Graeme said...

...and god bless MNPP!

Marshall1 said...

JA, I wish everyone at different award blogs would think like you! I think it is true that the winners are more apparent than people believed it to be. I wasn't particularly bothered by the results because they are not really terrible (even the Hooper win because he's kinda handsome..lol...and I really love John Adams, a movie that manage to make Giammatti less annoying than he is).

My favourite movie of the year is not released yet, but when I saw "Poetry" in a film festival, it just stole my heart and soul.

Beefy McBeeferton said...

I'm suddenly hungry for two things: James Franco's beef pillows and macaroni...