Monday, February 07, 2011

I Am Link

.
--- Varla Love - I couldn't stop hollering, "I don't beat clocks, just people! Wanna try me?" and "The point is of no return and you've reached it!" all day yesterday in honor of Tura Santana, best known as Varla in Russ Meyer's classic Faster Pussycat! Kill! Kill!, who passed away on Friday. She was truly bitchin. FourFour gives her some thoughts (Yes autobiography! Yes biopic!) and Kimberly at Cinebeats links to a swell tribute she'd done awhile back.

--- Bowl Bites - You can catch up on any and all of the new movie trailers that aired during the Super Bowl yesterday everywhere. I'm not gonna bother linking to them all. The only one I've even watched yet is the Captain America one, for obvious reasons, so y'all have probably seen more than I have. I need to get on the Cowboys & Aliens one, and especially the Super 8 one, I know. Slash says there's an Easter Egg with regards to S8's nasties in it, but I haven't clicked through because I'm not sure how much I wanna spoil myself for that one. I'm sure in due time we'll see plenty. See what I just did there? I expressed patience! Nuts.

--- Wolfin' - Danny Boyle apparently wants to make a werewolf movie next, based off the book Sharp Teeth, which follows three characters dealing with the fang-n-furs in Los Angeles.

--- WWZ by V - If you read Max Brooks' World War Z, which was about a zombie apocalypse told through the stories of those who lived through it, then you'll definitely want to read this new short story he's written which is about the same occurrence only though the eyes of vampires! (via Sean)

--- The Great & Powerful Franco - Are there really five James Francos and we just haven't noticed? Is his brother Dave putting on make-up and pretending to be him sometimes? Otherwise I have no idea how he's spreading himself so thin. His name's been attached to something new every other day - today he's apparently considering playing the Wizard of Oz in Sam Raimi's take on the material. I'm certainly not complaining - I love him and remember this film was once set to be ruined by Robert Downey Jr. I just worry he might implode.

--- And finally, TrG takes a look at the seven deadly sins of horror movies, and gives great examples of certain movies that get it wrong and certain ones that get it right. And just seeing our trio from Wolf Creek in happier moments made me sad all over again.

.

1 comment:

timothy grant said...

Yes! I am link! Thanks, bro. :)