Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Wooing Raoul

.
Yesterday I was scanning down this here front page of MNPP working on something else when my attention got snagged on Raoul Bova's name in the side-bar. His name is funny that way - it pokes at me and screams the dirtiest of thoughts into the hollow cavern of my head, where they echo echo echo for hours. So I saw his name and felt sad that I haven't had the opportunity to post about him since March and even that was a forced opportunity since I was sick of sitting on my thumbs not talking about him. Seems like he took one look at the crap he was getting offered here in the US - Under the Tuscan Sun! Alien vs. Predator! - and hightailed it back to Italy. (Sidenote: An exception would appear to be The Tourist - he's in The Tourist? How the hell did I not know this? I mean besides the fact that I haven't seen The Tourist. Insert Ricky Gervais joke here.) S

o we don't see him much here. He might do a rumored movie about famed Tango dancer Carlos Gardel but that's been sitting around for ages. Once it also had Thomas Kretschmann listed in the cast, which excited me natch, but now TK's AWOL and it lists Winona Ryder and Charlie Sheen, which... good grief, I love Noni but she and Charlie "Ugh" Sheen do not add up to a Bova-Kretschmann pairing. Notsomuch! Alright I'm rambling. I told you, echo echo echo. After I considered Mr. Bova for a moment I moved on with what I was doing, but then last night I stumbled completely by accident upon a new spread of his in Italian Vanity Fair over here. Kismet! He has wooed me anew. (He's also shaved his chest, which makes this as much of a taunt as it is a woo.)

.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love Raoul Bova, but I like the hair on the chest better.

Anonymous said...

me too, Raoul Bova needs to let the chest hair come back!