Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I Go To Lunch...

.

... and when I come back to find out that Anne Hathaway is Catwoman? Maybe if I go grab some dessert I can come back to find out that Tom Hardy will be playing the character of Bane from start to finish in the nude. The press release via Slash:

"Warner Bros. Pictures announced today that Anne Hathaway has been cast as Selina Kyle in Christopher Nolan’s “The Dark Knight Rises.” She will be starring alongside Christian Bale, who returns in the title role of Bruce Wayne/Batman.

Christopher Nolan stated, “I am thrilled to have the opportunity to work with Anne Hathaway, who will be a fantastic addition to our ensemble as we complete our story.”

In addition, Tom Hardy has been set to play Bane. Nolan said, “I am delighted to be working with Tom again and excited to watch him bring to life our new interpretation of one of Batman’s most formidable enemies.”

Nolan will direct the film from a screenplay he wrote with Jonathan Nolan, from a story by Christopher Nolan and David S. Goyer. Nolan will also produce the film with his longtime producing partner, Emma Thomas, and Charles Roven.

“The Dark Knight Rises” is slated for release on July 20, 2012. The film will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company."

If we weren't just coming off a rough several months between me and Anne - unlike my opinion of Jake in the film I do think that Love and Other Drugs was just an eensy weensy little bit Anne's fault; also, she recently used the words "my craft" in relation to acting, which gag - I'd be much more enthusiastic than I can muster right now. We're just in an iffy patch; I think she'll win me back. I should just keep repeating the words, "What are ya waitin' for cowboy? The matin' call?" That should do the trick. Or perhaps she'll charm my slight distaste away with a winning Oscar hosting job. Anyway now's the time when I ask you people what you think.
.

.

6 comments:

Chris said...

All the reports I've read have said Ms. Hathaway will be playing Selina Kyle. No actual mention of Catwoman. Just a thought...

Jason Adams said...

I thought the same thing, Chris, but it just seems nuts that they'd have the character of Selina Kyle without making her Catwoman. I mean there are plenty of other female roles in the Batman universe they could have her be. Plus, you're gonna hire Anne Hathaway and not put her in the catsuit? BONKERS. ;)

amola-tesouras said...

Ignore Anne/Selina/Catwoman and hope that at one point in the movie Bane and Batman will get naked together?

Sandisan said...

Tom Hardy is fucking perfect to play Bane. And I think they should all be in the nude!!

Anonymous said...

As Selina Kyle I can handle it but as Catwoman ---- NO!

MonsterTrucker31 said...

Oh, Mia Thermopolis. Love most everything you do and I really want to scratch your eyes out for sinning with my Jakie G, but...I'm torn on this. I can't not throw props to the magnificent Julie Newmar and Eartha Kitt, but there is only one true Selena Kyle. Catwoman is and always will be none other than Miss Michelle Pfeiffer. Can't top that.
"A mistle toe is deadly if you eat." -Batman
"But a kiss can be even deadlier if you mean it." -Catwoman