Monday, January 24, 2011

I Am Link

.
--- Second Nitnit - I think it was Sean who alerted me to the presence of Charles Burns' Johnny 23, which is as Sean puts it "a remix" of Burns' recent gorgeous X'd Out comic, so it's only fitting that I send you along now to Sean's review of this new book. It's a beautiful, scary dream.

--- Observe This - Fringe is back! And it did boffo Friday business! I knew it would the whole time! (Lies.) Okay boffo though might be overstating it a bit, but it was the winner for the night and that's got to count for something. Plus it was a fine episode. Joe recapped it at Low Res, go read it.

--- Dead Last Man - I'm fairly certain director DJ Caruso has said as much before but this sounds especially nail-in-the-coffin-ish. Via DH here he is on his adaptation of Brian K. Vaughn's brilliant comic series Y: The Last Man:

"the project "is pretty much dead" as far as he's concerned. "I got where I did as far as I did with New Line and Warners. It’s just, unfortunately, not going to work out"

Maybe now someone with actual talent can tackle the book then.

--- Ham Master - If he hadn't spent that past what twenty years now being a complete ham I'd feel a little bit better about it being Anthony Hopkins that's being rumored to play Alfred Hitchcock in that movie I told you about last week. Only he has, so I worry. It's good physical casting of course. And Hitch was a bit of a ham - understatement - in real life anyway. Hrm.

--- Red Pill Blue Pill - My guess is that the Wachowskis think enough time has passed since the abysmal second and third Matrix movies that we won't remember what a painful muddle they were and will find ourselves enthusiastic about the possibility of fourth and fifth movies in the series. They are incorrect. I remember! Never forget!
.

1 comment:

Dan Seeger said...

"Maybe now someone with actual talent can tackle the book then."

This is, of course, the perfect reaction to this news item. Bravo.