Monday, January 17, 2011

I Am Link

.
--- Unspeakable Cruise Shoggoth - I don't know who is determined to murder my enthusiasm about a freaking HP Lovecraft movie, but all this never-ending chatter about Tom Cruise getting a lead role in Guillermo Del Toro's At the Mountains of Madness is just plain cruel. Just because the title has the word Madness in it doesn't mean you need to hire a lunatic, you guys! Much better to my ear is the name-dropping of Hugh Jackman and/or James McAvoy. I like the "and" rather than the "or" too. Even better would be an "on top of."

--- Lovely Sorrow
- At Stale Popcorn Glenn shared a lovely selection of screencaps from the Oscar-nominated Peruvian film The Milk of Sorrow, which I haven't seen and had never planned on seeing until he shared these images.

--- Selling Brad - The first picture released from The Hangover 2 features a portion, a sliver, of Bradley Cooper torso. A generous dollop, if you will. I figure it's my duty to point out such things even if I don't really care about this movie. I didn't hate the first one like some people seemed to but it hasn't exactly left an indelible mark upon my memory either.

--- Twice the Smidge - Sarah Michelle Gellar is finally getting back to work! She's gearing up for Ringer, a new show from the people who make Supernatural, where she'll play twins on the run from the mafia! Sounds like a possible hoot.

--- Run Cappy - This new shot of Chris Evans as Captain America is kind of weird, isn't it? He doesn't seem to be part of his surroundings at all. Very green-screeny, even if it isn't green-screen at all. I dunno. Weird.

--- I See I Saw - AICN has got the poster for the very decent Korean serial-killer flick I Saw the Devil, which will get some play here in the States in March I guess. Definitely worth seeking out.

--- Speaking of that Devil - Pretty pretty Lee Byung-hun, who stars in I Saw the Devil - not to mention this enormous gratuitous post here - has signed on for the second GI Joe movie as the character of Storm Shadow again. Because everybody's dying to know what happened after that first movie ended.

--- Cue Prometheus - And in case you missed all the news on Ridley Scott's not an Alien sequel anymore, sort of, really, you can read it at Deadline. An interesting turn to be sure. Noomi Rapace is in for sure, while there's a second female role that might go to Angelina Jolie or Charlize Theron (what is it with these two always being up for the same roles, anyway?).
.

No comments: