Monday, January 17, 2011

Gratuitous Edgar Ramirez

.
.
Smart people in the know - of which I usually flail about pretending and failing to be - saw Oliver Assayas' Carlos ages ago. But it remained on my "Oh I love that director, I will see it when I get a chance, oh god depressing, terrorism, oh god it's so long, eventually, eventually, eventually..." list. Then the end of the year accolades piled up and I was like, see it already, see it already, dammit it's not on DVD, I guess it will wait...


Somewhere in the middle of this I discovered how attractive its star Edgar Ramirez was and I'm not ashamed to admit - I mean, could I pretend it were otherwise after six years of this blog? - that lit the fire under my arse a little brighter. Then the Sundance Channel aired Carlos on Saturday and I got through about an hour of it yesterday afternoon right before the Globes and thought, "Oh my god post about him already!" Then there he was at the Globes looking like the sexiest slab of man around. So here I am, at the same time as everybody else, saying goddamn Edgar. Goddamn. Beware there are a couple of NSFW images (and video!) below. Beware really seems like the wrong word though. Behold! Belove!


8 comments:

breedaniels said...

Yum Yum Give Me Some!!!! JA, you should also check out Sergio Peris-Mencheta from Love Ranch.

breedaniels said...

By the way, Best Header ever!!!!

Anonymous said...

Another reason I must watch Carlos.

Sam79 said...

W.O.W. Thanks for the introduction...

Anonymous said...

You just gave me a reason not to watch Carlos. I rather have this five hours on loop.

Ryan said...

okay, now "carlos" REALLY deserved the golden globe

Anonymous said...

I've been saying this for years! Haven't you seen him in Domino?!

I love me some Edgar...had a dream about him last night....a really nice dream....

Glad to see him gettin' some love!
You can post some Gratuitous Edgar Ramirez anytime!

Eduardo said...

He was amazing in Carlos. He surely showed all of his glory.

I never got around Domino and avoided his soap operas here in Venezuela. Then I watched Cyrano Fernández and he surprised me greatly.

I'm so excited he's also working with Juliette Binoche in a French film.