Friday, January 07, 2011

Exam in 150 Words or Less

.

A clever film whose premise stays curious enough to last its run-time, even if it probably could've used somebody giving the dialogue another run-through. It's semi-derivative stuff but tossed into an interesting new shape - sort of Saw + Cube / The Game?

But when I say this film reminded me of Saw - a series which even this gore-hound is on the record as loathing - I wanna make it clear that I mean it's an inversion of that series. Those of you who want nothing to with Saw will appreciate what's being done here. But that's something that becomes punch-you-in-the-face-with-it clear by the end and I'm avoiding spoilers, so I won't go into detail. But where Saw's brainlessly nihilistic, Exam's got better stuff on its mind.

It might come down to what's right in front of you but it's not a bad ride getting there.


Exam's available to watch instantly on Netflix.
.

No comments: