Friday, January 28, 2011

A Dose of Dancing Damsels

.

The Playlist has a very large batch of the first photographs from Whit Stillman's first-movie-in-thirteen-years, Damsels in Distress, which I last posted about here. It stars Greta Gerwig and [other people who are not Greta Gerwig and therefore don't matter as much]. Okay it also stars Adam Brody, looking skinny, geeky, adorable, the usual. But here are several more shots of Greta just because she makes my heart sing:


Most of the cast otherwise are people I don't recognize but I was sitting there staring and staring at that girl in the top picture just between Gerwig and Brody, and realized that's Analeigh from a few seasons ago on America's Next Top Model!


I'm always so ashamed and embarrassed when forced to admit by some random happenstance that yes, I watch ANTM. The boyfriend makes me! And shame and embarrassment are the appropriate responses to Tyra Banks' unhinged mugging so at least I'm sane in this regard. Anyway according to Miss Gerwig herself Damsels will probably be out this Fall. Can't wait.
.

3 comments:

zyzzyva said...

I was giddy then quite embarrassed with myself when I recognized Analeigh as the model in bed with Seth Rogen in the beginning of The Green Hornet.

At this point I'd like to think I continue to watch ANTM only so I know what Rich at FourFour is talking about in his recaps. However, I can't not watch. While the girls have become much less interesting (except I *loved* Ann this past season!), I still love seeing what the show tries to pass off as 'artistry' in the photo shoots...

Anonymous said...

I fucking loved Analeigh! SHe should have won over that loser who did, whatever her name was. I really haven't watched a season of ANTM since that one. Tyra is just too over-the-top now, and Drag Race has fulfilled it's place as prettiest reality competition program. And drag is supposed to be over-the-top, Tyra, I fear, is just M.R.

Derreck said...

I watched ANTM too. lol. i've fell off with the last couple seasons. I think i last watched when McKey won. I would'nt have guessed it was Analeigh if you didn't point it out though.

My all time favorite will always be Amanda from Season 3. Eva was cool, but Amanda deserved that shit.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3613/3546378689_d8ceef0fcf.jpg