Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Quote Conversation of the Day

.
I could probably narrow down all this to its essence if I were feeling especially pro-active today, but that word is pretty much the antithesis of me today. If you look my name up in a thesaurus "pro-active" would be the sad little lone antonym beside it. Point being, here's a hefty chunk I've cut and pasted from an interview with Stephen Dorff at Vulture wherein he talks about tit-acting with Henry Cavill. I love that sentence more than living.

Vulture: You've got Immortals coming out next November, directed by Tarsem. His visuals are off the charts, but what is it like to be an actor in the midst of all that?

Stephen Dorff: The guy's a visual master, and if you look at his reel, it's like, "Wow, he's unreal." I think this is his big shot, because he hasn't made a movie in a while since The Fall, which he paid for himself — beautiful movie, didn't totally make a lot of sense, [but] gorgeous to look at. This one, I think, is hopefully going to deliver something that we don't normally see from the sword-and-sandal picture, whether it be Troy or Clash of the Titans. It's definitely in that genre, so we're all naked and wearing leather.

Vulture: Who are you playing?

Dorff: Henry Cavill's younger than me, so he plays, like, the Luke Skywalker. Freida Pinto plays the oracle who becomes the love interest to Henry. I play the Han Solo of the movie, this slave who hooks up with them, and then we all go against Mickey Rourke, who's the bad guy. I'm a little older than Henry and I'm flirting with Freida, and I've got all the good lines in the movie.

Vulture: I heard that Tarsem has all the actors on insane workout regimens to build eight-pack stomachs and huge bodies.

Dorff: Yeah. Funny enough, I kind of trained with a separate group, because I didn't like the way they were training some of these guys. It all felt like they were giving some of these actors fake breast implants. It was a lot of "tit acting," and the opposite of what I think you'd want on film, so I kind of went against that grain and brought my team up there. But yeah, we're pretty much naked in the movie.

Vulture: I've seen your cover of VMan. I would think you're used to being naked by now.

Dorff: Every time I want to wear clothes, these photographers won't let me! If you're working with Testino, I'm sure he's going to say, "Take your shirt off, Stephen." I've worked with these guys before enough to know that. I just saw the new Interview magazine, and they had told me to take my shirt off in the last shot, and of course that's the one that's in there. I'm like, "Sofia, I tried to keep my clothes on." She's like, "No, you look cute." All the magazines that are coming out are like, "Abs abs abs abs abs!" But what are you gonna do?
.

No comments: