Tuesday, November 23, 2010

"He looks forceful, impulsive... DANGEROUS."

I want you to stop what you are doing and go watch the following clip of the spectacular 1983 TV movie Making of a Male Model from the 7:00 minute mark until its end. Right now. Do it. You will not be sorry. For what you will see is one of the greatest scenes ever captured on film. Let me just introduce our players: Tyler (Jon-Eric Hexum) is the hot new model in town, and Chuck (Jeff Conaway) is his roommate whose career's falling apart because of the drink and the drug. As you will see. And, action.
.

.
Let me just pin-point exactly when I knew
something spectacularly special was unfolding:

"Whadda you care, Mista Sex Symbol of these United States?!?"
You had better believe that I will be sneering that as an insult for the rest of my life. Please tell me that Jeff Conaway won an Emmy, an Oscar, a Pulitzer Prize for this. I'm so much more saddened by the dried-out drug-husk that haunts reality shows that he's become today now that I've seen this. This man is a national treasure!

The entire film's on YouTube and I couldn't recommend it more. It's glorious. It's one hundred minutes of Jon-Eric Hexum walking around half-naked...


... and Joan Collins...


... and Jon-Eric Hexum walking around half-naked
with Joan Collins...


... and Ted effing McGinley is the bad guy...


... and there are plentiful mincing sissies ...


.. and the most phallic cologne ever crafted.

.
I bow down to you, Making of a Male Model.
.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, that movie is the shit! God how I miss Aaron Spelling (I think he exec produced this)-he really knew his audience and how to properly use our beloved Joan. A camp masterpiece!

homeslaughter said...

I need to watch this again. What I saw made me so happy. His IMDB said he turned down C.H.I.P.S., probably wouldn't have blown his brains out if he took it.

Derek said...

LOL That is amazing!!!

Rob K. said...

When I was but a wee lad in those days that movie drove me to delirious self-abuse.

Anonymous said...

J.E.H. was sooooooooo beatiful, he was perfect.

timothy grant said...

I heart the weight bench in the little mezzanine area near the kitchen. Really ups the homo-subtext when Jeff from taxi delivers the quivering lipped line: "How do YOU know what I need?"