Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I Am Link

.
--- No Robo - Lotsa news from big directors today; first up it looks like Darren Aronofsky really wants to make a movie about a robo-man - he was attached to the Robocop remake for a long while but that's gone nowhere so now he's set himself up to direct an adaptation of online novel Machine Man, about a genius that replaces his own body parts with machine parts. He'll probably do this after he does Wolverine 2, if he does indeed end up doing Wolverine 2, which still hasn't been confirmed by anybody but Hugh Jackman. Although in this instance Hugh Jackman's probably a good source.

--- Batman 3 has a name! Batman 3 has a name! A name that isn't Batman 3! And when I first scanned over the headline I read it as The Dark Knight Rinses so that's what I'm calling it. See Batman battle the evil Scrubbing Bubbles!

In reality, it's called The Dark Knight Rises and Nolan himself made it clear that The Riddler will NOT be involved. io9 has word that he's been busily auditioning lady types for a lead role in the movie. For what role? Nobody knows. I hope it's Rachel Dawes' melted corpse, personally.

--- In The Na'vi - Jim Cameron will be making the second and third Avatar movies his next priorites, he says. Best milk the blue cow quick, Jim.

--- Man Wood - When we first heard word of this Snow White and the Huntsman movie my first thought was ooh, the woodsman has always been a sexy beast. And now comes word that they're trying to get Tom Hardy for the part and indeed, sexy beast. They want Jolie for Snow White and I love Angie but isn't she a little old for this?

--- Fur & Felt - Zach Galifianakis is gonna be in the new Muppet Movie. Have they recast Rolf after all these years? Noooo!

--- Boos By Buzz - Final Girl's continued counting down the Greatest Horror Movies Ever, as voted by us, and yesterday we got a special peek at you-should-love-him Buzz from Camp Blood's list and man it's great, and man it's making me realize what a limp noodle my own list was. I should've been more eccentric, chose more exciting things, and not just gone with all the standard choices. I go blind at the prospect of lists every time. Wow I just made this all about me. Ha ha my blog, et cetera.

--- And finally, I'd never seen this mock prequel to The Birds either, so thanks for sharing, Nathaniel. Hitch Geek that I am I spent a full minute trying to figure out why they'd chosen the North By Northwest music for the trailer til it struck me that duh, The Birds has no music! Just the sound of (you guessed it!) birds.
.

1 comment:

Stacie Ponder said...

I felt the same way about my own list after reading Buzz's list. Like, where were the Dream Warriors? Pieces? I should do another list or something. But that might be lame. A parallel universe list? Derp.