Wednesday, October 06, 2010

I Am Link

.
--- And Gwen Makes Two - Them's your romantic pair in the new Spider-Man movie. As much as a re-boot seems silly so soon after Sam Raimi's films, there aren't many pairs I like as much as Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone, so bring it on.

--- Meet At The Social - Sean T. Collins wrote up a couple of terrific posts on Fincher's The Social Network yesterday - first here, second here. I almost quoted the entirety of a long passage about the charges of sexism that've been leveled at the film from that first link here as yesterday's Quote of the Day because he hits the nail on the head. They seem really myopic to me, as if nobody's seeing the forest of assholes for the trees of dicks.

--- Mamma Wants A Slice - Also via Sean I found a link to a comic called Cockbone by Josh Simmons, which Sean named his third favorite comic of 2009, and it is truly one of the most horrifying things I've ever seen. Not Safe For Brains, much less work, you have been warned. Seriously. This thing is nightmare inducing. So of course since it's now online for free, as soon as I finished it I ran off to buy a copy. It's amazing. Thanks for the heads-up, Sean!

--- Zombies Popped - David O. Russell ain't got no time for Pride nor Prejudice nor Zombies! He's not going to direct that thing with Natalie Portman after all. Do you think any of these will get made?

--- Got Fear - AMC starts up their annual FearFest on the 18th and they've just announced what they're showing and I have to remind myself to get my DVR prepared with haste.

--- Wolverineier - I'd hoped that if Darren Aronofsky and Hugh Jackman reunited it'd be for a sequel to The Fountain, perhaps The Birdbath or The Futuristic Glass Sink. But no, they're just thinking they might make the second Wolverine movie together. I still haven't watched the supposed abomination that is the first, ya know. I've seen the naked shots, that's enough.

--- Hey Look, it's James Franco as a back-up dancer in a Robert Palmer video.

--- Samurai Spooks - Yesterday was Final Girl's Film Club for Onibaba, the celebrated 1964 Japanese horror film that I've been meaning to see for ages and still haven't seen, hence my lack of participation. But other people participated, and they did a far better job than I ever would anyhow. Go forth, see.

--- Bad Things, Sweetie - Glenn Dunks tells us why Jackie Weaver might get an Oscar nom for Animal Kingdom. She certainly fucking deserves one, but that's hardly ever been the most necessary factor.

--- And finally, Ron Moore, one of the dudes who made Battlestar Galactica - the recent awesome SyFy series, that is - is maybe going to make a remake of the 60s sci-fi-tinged Western television program The Wild Wild West, which starred Robert Conrad and Robert Conrad's extremely, obscenely tight pants and the myriad ways in which they'd find for Robert Conrad to bust out of his extremely obscenely tight pants. It's glorious.


I've devoted blog space to Conrad's expertly exploited assets on that show before; the boyfriend loved it when he was a kid and recently got the DVDs and so I've seen a whole lot of the show over the past couple years. It's fun stuff, and I could see what interests Moore about it, in a loose sense. I have no doubts his show will be very very different. Although there's nothing wrong with stuffing your male lead into some snug pants, Ron. I hope you know that. Oh who am I kidding, he gave us the greatest moment ever put on screen, of course he does.

.

2 comments:

breedaniels said...

I had no idea James Franco would make such a beautiful woman.

homeslaughter said...

James Franco and Kristen Scott Thomas are the same person?