Monday, October 11, 2010

The Hole 3D in 150 Words or Less

.

If I were ten years old, I would've loved this movie. If I were thirteen years old, I'd probably have already been too old for it. There's some memorably creepy imagery - Clown doll scampering up the basement stairs! Little girl slithering on her belly! And in Dante's defense the movie was made to be family-friendly. But for a jaded 33 year old it definitely has the feeling of been there, seen that better before. Plus the two actors playing brothers were annoying.

On the other hand Haley Bennett, who played the hot-girl-next-door investigating the basement pit with the brothers, was extremely likable; I'd rather the movie have been about her. The 3D was used well, and it was actually shot in 3D so that looked terrific. So overall a mixed bag, unless you're ten, in which case you'll love it.
.

No comments: