Wednesday, September 08, 2010

One Week To Never Let Me Go

.

No lying, ask Joe, he was there to witness the spectacle - I saw the trailer for Never Let Me Go last week for what had to be the sixth or seventh time and it made me cry, again. It makes me cry every damn time I see it. When the music pumps up and Andy Garfield start scream-crying I don't care if it's overdone it throttles my tear-ducts dry every damn time. I am otherwise sad that I'm not going to get the chance to read the book one more time before seeing the movie, but it's too late now. Not that it's not similarly kept a stranglehold on parts deep inside of me ever since I did read it, forever ago. Point being, oh my god just one week to go! Yes.
.

2 comments:

Joe Reid said...

I did. I saw it. I was DISGUSTED.

No, truthfully, I was about halfway there myself. And that was before I'd finished the book, which I did yesterday, at which point the big crybaby was me because: y'all! Sad!

And I kind of thought the Garfield scream-crying was overdone too ... until I got to that part in the book. I'm not sure you could play that scene another way.

JLang said...

I completely understand the way you feel about this movie, JA. Never Let Me Go is special, emotional ,intriguing...I don't know why. I've just read When We Were Orphans. It's a great novel and Ishiguro is a marvelous writer. But Never Let You Go touched me deep inside (I know, it sounds silly!)