Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I Am Link

.
.
--- A New ET - Via Slash comes a pair of posters, seen above, for Extraterrestrial, the new movie from Nacho Vigalondo, the man who made the wonderful 2007 movie Timecrimes. It's about, you guessed it, an alien invasion. So many science fiction movies these days, doesn't it seem like? Not that I'm complaining. Sounds good to me. Especially one with Vigalondo at the helm; love Timecrimes a whole bunch. And those posters are great. The movie's out sometime next year. Tick tock I ain't getting younger.

--- To Tall - The new movie from Pascal Laugier, the director of Martyrs- which with time and distance I'm more and more convinced of as a true masterpiece - will star Jessica Biel (via). This does not inspire enthusiasm, Pascal. It's called The Tall Man and is described as "a suspenseful thriller in the vein of the early films of M. Night Shyamalan, said an early statement. Biel plays a woman who must grapple with and track the mysterious figure of The Tall Man who has kidnapped her child." That creepy little girl in the Silent Hill movie, now grown up, is also in the film.

--- Beep Beep - I never got around to reviewing TiMER, that sci-fi rom-com with my beloved Emma Caulfield, did I? A search tells me no, I did not. I remember the movie more fondly than I think it actually deserves, but Emma's just so adorable you can't help but remember her fondly no matter what. I think the movie felt a little flat, from what I remember. But this review at io9 is making me feel like watching it again. Oh Emma, work more!

--- Of My Domain - In case the post I did whining here at MNPP about the demise of Paul Thomas Anderson's The Master wasn't enough for you, I took my whining over to The Film Experience and did a whole post of it there as well.

--- The Sound of Source - The dude who scored Requiem for a Dream and The Fountain and Moon is reteaming with the director of the latter for his new movie with Jake Gyllenhaal. That is, Clint Mansell's scoring The Source Code by Duncan Jones, if we're gonna do the name thing. Whee, so many pluses!

--- Ass Later - As much as I didn't like Kick Ass, I would probably go to a sequel just to see Aaron Johnson bopping around in that snug little costume of his again. What can I say. Anyway Johnson admits that a sequel's at least a year from happening since director Matthew Vaughn's in the middle of making the new X-Man Muppet Babies movie.

--- Jew Fro - I haven't heard much about Sarah Polley's new movie, Take This Waltz, since here, but bless Sarah Silverman for giving it a little press push by telling the world she's gone totally naked for it. Not that I much want to see that. But still, it got the movie some headlines. Polley's editing it now, I guess. It stars Michelle Williams and Seth Rogen.

--- Weak Offerings - There are usually several movies I'm dying to see in each of Low Resolution's Movie Previews for the next few weeks, but there's not much in this batch that's tooting my horn. Although the trailer for Monsters totally gave me a semi so that's high priority.

--- Cartoon Owls - I couldn't have less inclination towards seeing Legend of the Guardians, but since Zach Snyder also talks about Sucker Punch in this interview I'll link to it. Sucker Punch is still so far away yet the trailer already seems like a distant memory. Not sure about their timing there.
.

3 comments:

RJ said...

I was a big fan of 'Timer' actually. I was surprised how much I liked it.

Michael Seth said...

I saw TiMER at Tribeca Film Festival last year(?). And I really liked it. And I really wasn't expecting to. I'm glad Tribeca Films gave it a nice release.

Dale said...

Damnit, that article is making me ache to see Timer, but IMDB says it hasn't been released here. Balls.