Friday, September 10, 2010

Good Morning, Gratuitous Benoît Magimel

.
(from Les voleurs)

Yesterday I was reading the as-always-splendid Kim Morgan's piece on Michael Haneke's The Piano Teacher - speaking of splendid - when I was reminded of Mr. Magimel, so so pretty therein as Isabelle Huppert's object d'obsession.


And from there I realized he's never gotten the gratuitous treatment. In my defense, other than Haneke's film and La haine I've never seen anything else of his work. Although that's not much of a defense, I probably should've seen something else of his work by now, he's been around since he was a kid. Oh well. Woe unto the world until this is righted! The no gratuitousness thing, that is. Which is righted. Now. No more woe, then!

.
And these last several pics of Benoit hanging out with Romain Duris and Clément Sibony are press pics for 1998's Déjà mort, which I think I might have to see now, with haste.
..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He also shared a glimpse of his nice buttocks on Les Enfants du Siecle.