Monday, August 30, 2010

If You're Curious...

.
... about what we might get from a James Cameron produced Guillermo Del Toro directed version of H. P Lovecraft's phenomenal story At the Mountains of Madness, then you might find a few hints towards that from this review of an early draft of the thing's script at Twitch. If you haven't read the story... well first go read the fucking story, I loved it. It's thrilling, terrifying stuff. But I don't know that you should read the review without being aware of the source material, it's some geeky stuff that'll probably sound like nonsense at points. Which is right up my alley naturally. Geeky nonsense ahoy!

Anyway it allowed me to temper my expectations a bit, which I should've been doing anyway. There's gonna have to be some major concessions made in order to bring Lovecraft to the screen. That's just a given. Still if Del Toro approaches one tenth of the eerie otherness of that story's concerns it oughta be a treat in the end.
.

No comments: