Monday, August 23, 2010

I Am Holding It!

.
No, not that, pervs. This:

Yay! The third and final book of Suzanne Collins' wonderful (so far) Hunger Games trilogy, Mockingjay, just arrived. I'm so excited! I'm such a tween sometimes, I swear. But who will Katniss choose? Peeta? Gale? Will she save herself and her family? Oooh tingles!

I've just got to finish up A Game of Thrones quick, I've only got about 100 pages of that left. A Clash of Kings - the second book of George R. R. Martin's Song of Fire & Ice series, following Thrones - is gonna have to wait for a bit. From what I hear Martin's probably never going to finish the series anyway so I can take my time.

In summation, nerd alert!
.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This post completely freaks me out: I just finished Martin's "A Feast for Crows" on Saturday, and Amazon.com tells me that "Mockingjay" is out for delivery as we speak.

Creepy.

Quit biting my reading list.

bcarter3 said...

You got it before the official release date, which is tomorrow! Mines on order w/Amazon.

Loved the first two books--they're sort of a G-rated "Battle Royale".

Jason Adams said...

Amazon sent it to me early! Of course I ordered it the day it was announced, months and months and months ago. I'm just a big ol spazz.

Stephen I so want to ask you what you've thought of the rest of the Fire & Ice books but I also just ordered them all and they're such a massive amount of commitment standing in front of me that I hesitate lest you give me second thoughts... ever since I read that Martin's been putting off releasing the latest book for ages now I'm suddenly wary of committing to them, even though I am loving this first book.

Simon said...

Team Gale, bitches.

DancerInDC said...

I'm jealous you got it early! Mine comes tomorrow, and I'll be reading it all night.

Team Peeta all the way!

Friend Mouse said...

I just finished A Game of Thrones myself (and I'm originally from Maine ... are you stealing my life?) and thought it was fantastic. Not nearly as nerdy as Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series (which I also loved for the first eight books). Waiting for the next Martin book from the library and now will have to move Collins up the wish list.