Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Brush It On

It's time for another edition of The Film Experience's fun newish series "Hit Me With Your Best Shot", wherein anybody who wants to participate shows off their favorite frame from a Nat-specified movie. And it's time for Peyton Reed's 200o cheersterpiece Bring It On to get its due. I scanned thru my well-worn copy of the DVD with every intention of fighting the obvious...

But the obvious just wasn't gonna get fought. Not in this case. I've posted shots from this scene a thousand times over here at MNPP and there's a reason - show me this shot and I will smile a smile so broad it breaks my face off.


Yeah, the tooth-brushing scene. Everybody loves it, I can't imagine I'll be the only person to choose it, and as I said I've posted it before here at MNPP myself a thousand times. And yet there's so much more to this movie that I love! It's joy from start to finish. But the chemistry between Jesse Bradford and Kirsten Dunst in this scene is just so alive, ya know? The palpable like that they share for one another is giddy and infectious and encapsulates the entire experience of watching this movie, for me. So I couldn't fight it. There just is no fighting this sort of charm. It's cheerpervious to your attempts!

Head over to TFE for more!
.

1 comment:

NATHANIEL R said...

seriously.

like i said on the post, why on earth do todays romantic comedy directors not rip this movie off more? I mean "study this movie" more ;)

the romance is so cute and joyful and relatable and girlie and funny -- all of the things that romcoms are always trying to do and failing miserably at, feeling too canned or whatnot.