Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Next Leap

.

Dr. Sam Beckett of Quantum Leap was my 25th favorite TV character in my list of 25 favorite TV characters that I made way back in the day. I loved Quantum Leap. I haven't seen it in years and I actually think it might be time for an update. It's time has come. And now via DH comes word that that might be happening.

Actor Scott Bakula has confirmed that a script for a cinematic reboot of the "Quantum Leap" franchise is in the works reports Blastr.

Speaking about it the other week during Comic Con, Bakula says show creator Donald P. Bellisario is "working on the film script and has a big time Hollywood producer who wants to do it... Don did say that as he was writing, he told me he was having trouble, 'getting you and Dean out of my head.' But I know he will do it."

Of course the roles that he and Dean Stockwell played in the original time-jumping genre drama will go to younger actors, but Bakula is keen to be involved in some way saying "Dean and I will have a part in it somehow."

I don't much expect or need Bakula and Stockwell to be integral to any sort of reboot but it'd be nice if we got some hint towards what became of Beckett. He was still hopping about in time at the end, poor thing. Anyway, here's some gratuitousness from the episode where he leapt into a space monkey, just cuz (via):

.

1 comment:

M said...

awesome news, and awesome episode. I esp. liked when Sam looked into the eyes of the scientist/doctor