Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Well This Isn't Exactly...

.
... the momentum I had in mind when I begged for some forward movement with regards to David O' Russell's movie with Jake Gyllenhaal and Jessica Biel called Nailed, which has been relegated to movie purgatory for years now. Via THR:

David O. Russell quits long-delayed 'Nailed'

Add another nail in the coffin of the long-delayed political satire/romantic comedy "Nailed," starring Jessica Biel and Jake Gyllenhaal, which THR has learned exclusively will be finished without the involvement of writer-director David O. Russell.

Russell has withdrawn from the $26 million production after one-on-one negotiations with financier Ronald Tutor, who controls rights to the movie with Pangea Media Group CEO David Bergstein, broke down.

Neither Tutor nor Russell would go into detail about why they could not come to an agreement, but THR has learned that Russell apparently was not happy that producers Doug Wick and Lucy Fisher of Red Wagon Prods. were being squeezed to cut their fees in half.

... "This has been a painful process for me," Russell told THR on Tuesday. "The multiple production delays and stoppages, which were caused by David Bergstein and preceded Ron Tutor's direct involvement with me, have now spanned two years, and the circumstances under which the film would now be completed are much different on several fundamental levels than when we embarked several years ago. I, unfortunately, am no longer involved in the project and cannot call it 'my' film. I wish Ron Tutor well."

Tutor also expressed his disappointment in an interview last week with THR: "(David O.) Russell conducted himself like a perfect gentleman. I understood his position. It really didn't have anything to do with him but with others, and we just reached a point where I couldn't do what he wanted. But it was a decent negotiation between the two of us. No lawyers. No idle threats, just two people trying to clean something up, and we couldn't get there. It was surprising and disappointing, but I understood."

Added Tutor, "So we're going to go ahead probably with 'Nailed' and try to hire another director and finish it."

All that's left to film, so the story goes, is the nail actually getting shot into Jessica Biel's head, and my longtime offer stands to render such services for free whenever they need it.

In all seriousness, I do love DOR's films and oughta be worried about somebody else taking it over especially at this late stage... but I just want to see this damn movie in any form at this point, and can't make myself too upset. I can't let go!


I'll never let go, Jake. I'll never let go.
.

No comments: