Tuesday, July 13, 2010

That's How You Wear Fur

.
It's been ages since I last posted anything new about Thomas Kretschmann, but it's not for a lack of obsessing. The obsession's still there, still as strong as ever. He's just hard to come by. (Ooh you can read that in another, dirtier way!) The last new thing I saw him in was Valkyrie, which I maintain should've starred him in the lead and not that crazy-eyed psychopath. I skipped The Young Victoria - there's only so much time in my life, man. Looking at his IMDb page he's done a few projects, most I've never heard of, and he's got several in different states of production, including most curiously that vampire western that American Psycho director Mary Lambert is supposed to be doing. That's been sitting in pre-production for ages though and knowing how hard it seems for the awesome Lambert to get projects made I am not holding my breath.

Anyway thankfully the dutiful fans over at the lone real online place keeping track of him called my attention to this wondrous sight:


Dudes. He just keeps getting hotter and hotter with age. That man is going on 48 years old! How the hell does he do it? I mean, good grief, I would trade away my mother for the chance to be that cat for five seconds. The photo's for PETA by the way but I photo-shopped all their annoying type off that I could. The phrase that remains translates I do believe roughly to "That's how you wear fur." No fucking kidding that's how you wear fur. I want to wear that fur on my face. (I am not talking about the cat.)

Anyway here's one more TK bit as long as I'm rambling - the trailer for some movie he co-stars in with Antonio Banderas, Delroy Lindo, and William Fichtner - also Snoop Dogg! And Sam Elliott wearing a Nelson wig! WTF? Obsessions with under-employed actors will lead you to some strange places, yo - called The Big Bang. It's probably going straight to DVD. It looks really, really straight to DVD.
.

.
I also read somewhere that he's now single.
Thomas! Why haven't you called? Shame.
.

4 comments:

breedaniels said...

I always preferred Heino Ferch and that long leather overcoat in "Downfall". By the way, JA, I was wondering if you had seen Visconti's "The Damned", I think you would really like it. You should also check out "The Night Porter" or anything with Charlotte Rampling for that matter.

Jason Adams said...

I apparently have seen The Damned, it's listed under movies that I've seen - because I'm a spazz who lists such things, of course ;-) - but I have practically NO memory of it. And I only saw it a couple years ago! Very very strange. The only thing I can really remember is young Charlotte Rampling - it was the first time I'd seen her young. I even went looking thru reviews and photos... nothing. I think my brain is falling apart. Old age has had it sway with me.

(This rambling has been brought to you by my impending birthday and the yearly panic it brings along with it. Sigh.)

breedaniels said...

I just looked on your list and couldn't find it. It's funny you can't remember it, I can't forget it!!! Helmut Berger dressed up as Marlene Dietrich, incest, a gay Nazi orgy.....but,I digress....by the way we are the same age! I hope your foot is feeling better and if I forget to tell you, Have a Happy Birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

Don't get too excited about the Mary Lambert film, Jason. You've got her mixed up with the legitimately great Mary Harron. On the other hand, according to imdb, Lambert (apparently of "Pet Cemetery" fame)is attached to a film called "Mega Python vs. Gataroid" that is supposed to feature the previously reported showdown of Tiffany and Debbie Gibson and now also stars Micky Dolenz. Which sounds awesome.

Mr. Kretschmann must have been on some TV movie recently with Benno Fürmann that was heavily advertised around these parts and still went unwatched by me.