Thursday, July 01, 2010

I Suppose I Have To Post This

.

But do I need to look at it? I don't think I want to. Somebody tell me if I should look at it, please. Gah this movie's gonna kill me. It's the international trailer for Let Me In, the Let the Right One In remake, by the way.
.

.
ETA Okay I watched it. I couldn't not watch it, which is the way I'm gonna be with this whole movie - a constant tug-o-war inside myself that's only beating my own brain up in the process and becoming completely boring to everyone else. But I watched it and... it wasn't half bad? The biggest hurdle at this point - besides the fact that it really doesn't need to exist, period - is Chloe Moretz and my extreme distaste for her, and I gotta say I didn't recoil as badly as usual with her in the brief glimpses we got. Kodi Smit-McPhee is terrific and he seems terrific even in just the little bit we see here - I think he was great casting. And the film looks well shot, not surprisingly. Good sweet god I have no idea how I'm gonna react to this thing. I wish it would fucking just come out so I could be done with it.
.

9 comments:

CT said...

I went to grab my headphones from my bag so I could watch, and found that I don't have my headphones at work today!

This is a sign, right? I should just pretend this movie doesn't exist, right? Or is it just a coincidence?!

I'm so confused and scared and sad right now.

MD said...

I haven't seen the original yet (going to get onto that in the next week), but judging from the action and pacing and music in the last 30 seconds, they're trying to sell this as some sort of action/horror? Horror's a given of course, but I'm of two minds here. Some nice visuals, maybe.

Jason Adams said...

It's just the trailer so it's tough to judge - they always push the action-y scenes hard in trailers to get the numbnuts in the theater. The original is so quiet and even the big set-pieces of horror are shot with such a reserve... judging by the brief glimpses we get here it's hard to tell but I think it's pretty much a given that that stuff will be trumped up. It's been a given since they announced they were remaking it, I think.

Dale said...

Although I think the trailer's also trying to make it seem more actiony than it is, because for most of the trailer the somewhat actiony music was clashing with what we were seeing, which had a tone somewhat similar to the original film. Not AS melancholy and quiet, but along those lines.

I think it'll be like Quarantine - a good enough movie in it's own right, but not up to the original, and so ridiculously similar that literate people might as well watch that one instead.

Anonymous said...

the one "reliable" review of an early test screening loved it.
they removed the castration bit, though.

Clover said...

You should take it easy on Chloe Moretz. I think your dislike towards her has to do with the worst-written part of (500) days of Summer and a badly-directed character in Kick Ass.

Or maybe I'm just coming up with stuff because I don't like people hating little girls...

Lightning from the Future said...

Why the Chloe Moretz hate?

Jason Adams said...

Hey I haven't ever said I hate her. I've called her annoying and that I find her distasteful but I just meant that in terms of how she comes off on-screen. All of my criticism is aimed at her on-screen. I have no way of knowing what she's like in real life and would never aim to criticize her in that way. But I'm allowed to criticize an actor that's showing up in projects I have a curiosity about who's to my eye never given a performance that I've seen that I have anything good to say about, aren't I? I mean, she's just not a good actor. It's seems ridiculous for me to say it isn't personal because it's apparently her chosen career path that she's sucking so badly at according to me, and that's obviously a personal thing, attacking her talent (or extraordinary lack thereof), and she seems very nice in interviews, and I don't wish her any ill will. Except, well, to just please stop acting and being terrible up in my business all the time, is all.

Anonymous said...

Well... I'm not as scared as I was when I heard they were remaking.

Still, I share your painful apprehension.

I like that they seem to have kept some of the look, but I could be wrong, it could all be wrong. as you say, they didn't need to remake it at all.

0.0