Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Never Let Me Go Trailer

.

I spent half the day yesterday checking Apple to see if they'd posted the trailer for Never Let Me Go yet. I knew it was being posted later in the day but I hoped it'd show up earlier... and of course it showed up about precisely five minutes before I was leaving work. So I told myself to watch it once I got home... which I completely forgot, as if the subway ride wiped my brain clean. It wasn't until I got into work this morning and saw Joe's post on the trailer that I remembered, so I watched it just now, and now I'm sitting at my desk with tears streaming down my face, which is ridiculous, I look ridiculous.
.

.
But this trailer is lovely (I posted there above but you should watch it in HD at Apple if you can) and foolishly basing expectations off of it alone, my expectations - already super high; I adore this book and have been following this film the whole long way - are well and truly out of control, over-the-top now.


Mark Romanek - whose music videos are astonishing, amongst my faves ever made, mind you - has always been so hyper-stylized I wasn't sure what to expect from him getting his hands on such an emotionally dense piece of work, but it seems based off this trailer that he isn't distracting us with overly stylish flourishes but is focusing in on his ensemble of terrific actors. As it should be. Not that it doesn't look gorgeous, of course! I took a few more screencaps...


The film is out on October 1st
and I'm going to be dying until then.
.

4 comments:

Andrew said...

This is one that I'll be seeing.

John T said...

All right, so if it comes this highly recommended, I guess I should be buying this book.

Jason Adams said...

Yes you should, John.

Robin said...

Yesssss. I absolutely loved this book, and it looks like they actually got it right.