Wednesday, June 09, 2010

I Am Link

.
--- Coffee Is The Devil's Drink - Have any of y'all gotten to catch Best Worst Movie, the doc on the Troll 2 cult-phenomenon, as it's made it's way across the country these past several weeks? If you still have the chance, see it! It's so much freaking fun. (Here's my review.) Anyway it should be available before the end of the year for everybody; STYD has some word from film-maker and star Michael Paul Stephenson on the DVD details.

--- Cam's Man Can - A right hand man to James Cameron, Steven Quale, has been picked to direct the fifth Final Destination film. He directed second-unit and visual effects on Avatar and Titanic.

--- Sis Troika - The roles of Paul Rudd's sisters in the comedy My Idiot Brother will be played by Elizabeth Banks, Zooey Deschanel, and Emily "I am Emily Mortimer, hear me fucking roar" Mortimer. Yay Emily Mortimer! I hope she has something to do; she can be so so funny. (Avian Bone Syndrome. Nuff said.)

--- Fuzzy Gift - Next Christmas we're gonna have a bunch of Muppets under the tree! Jason Segel's Muppet movie will be out on December 25th, 2011. I'm buying my ticket right now!

--- Space Filler - Pretty and bland Max Minghella has joined the cast of the alien-invasion movie produced by Wanted's Timur Bekmambetov called The Darkest Hour alongside Emile Hirsch (oh plus Olivia Thirlby). I hope Max and Emile get to make out some. Why not? I'm sick of watching straight couples make out. Yuck!

--- More Lost Than Before - Slash has some word on that fifteen minute or so epilogue that's going to be included on the super huge box-set of all Lost's seasons that will answer some lingering questions. Head over there if you want the spoilers (are they still considered spoilers if the show's really done and this is shit they're tossing on the DVD to drive up sales though?). But Walt comes up. I'll totally be watching this shit though; I think by then my lingering dislikes - and yes, they still linger now - about the finale might lose a bit of their fierceness.

--- Home Satanic Home - Any piece on Ti West's The House of the Devil that begins by saying, "The House of the Devil is a masterpiece that cannot be improved upon," has certainly grabbed my attention. I might think that's taking it a little far, but I appreciate the gumption. (And I do love the film; I just think it's got some flaws, especially in the last 20 minutes.)

--- And finally, hey look it's Ron Weasley all growed up and scruffy and shirtless and waving around a gun and shit (via):

.

2 comments:

unclemike said...

Wait--wasn't the "Muppet theater's in danger, must save it from being destroyed" already done as a TV movie?

Simon said...

Weasley was all grown up and shirtless and making out with Robert Sheehan (and some blonde chick who's less important) in Cherrybomb. So.