Friday, May 07, 2010

Tommy Made A Boom Boom

.

It's been awhile since I've seen anything about Gregg Araki's new movie Kaboom. Since November actually, when we got the first three pictures from the film. Well today io9 gives us several more - including a couple behind-the-scenes pics with Araki - as well as some chat with the movie's star Thomas Dekker, most recently seen pouting his way through the Nightmare on Elm Street reboot. First the pics:


And here's a taste of what Dekker had to say about the film via here:

Kaboom is a really original screenplay,” Dekker said. “It’s a sex movie, it’s an apocalyptic movie, it’s a rock n’ roll movie and yet it’s also an art film. So it’s kind of this great conglomerate and there’s a lot of things that I did in the film that I was willing and excited to do because of Gregg and because I felt it was something original and important."

Is it actually about exploding? “In every way. In every way possible. That’s the best way I can put it.”

The film's playing at Cannes and will hopefully explode (hardy har har) onto films later this year. It's been three years since Smiley Face and six since Mysterious Skin and I need more Araki in my life. Even though his films are always rough around the edges, there's nobody like him.
.

3 comments:

J.D. said...

I really want to say Gregg Araki is like, the hottest director ever. AND HE'S FUCKING 50! ak;askj;as;dlal;sf;las

unclemike said...

omg, I would totally leave my family for Mr. Araki.

Michael said...

I don't know. I liked "nowhere" when it came out, but I think I was just horny. I watched it last week and it really blows. I feel like Araki isn't smart or maybe not talented enough to handle the ideas he works with. "Rough edges" are one thing, but it seems to me he's pooping out his own underdressed, sexy bits of incompetence and packaging them as quasi-art films. Bruce LaBruce rubs me the same, wrong way, lately. And Araki loves working with shit actors, Joseph Gordon-Levitt notwithstanding. I guess we'll see.