Friday, May 07, 2010

In Their Proper Place, The Depths

.

A heads-up to my fellow NY'ers out there just in case you were unawares (I only saw the news yesterday) - the restored version of Fritz Lang's Metropolis starts playing at the Film Forum today for a two-week run. I've posted several times before on the restoration - twenty-five minutes or so were found and restored to the classic. The archivist that found the footage and restored it, Paula Felix-Didier, will be there to present the film for a bunch of shows over the weekend, you can see which ones here. Cannot miss! There's a website for the film here that's got news on other places it's playing, and on the DVD release in November. And here's the trailer:
.

.

1 comment:

cinema adventures said...

It was sold out tonight. I've reserved tickets for tomorrow! I watched it a few years ago and don't really remember it. I figured it's worth seeing again on FF's relatively larger screen.