Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Executive Suite in 170 Words or Less

.
What am I missing here? I was so excited! My obsession with Miss Stanwyck got me here in the first place, but all the other names deserved their own exclamation points - director Robert Wise! Writer Ernest Lehman! William Holden! Fredric March! Shelley effin' Winters!

But this thing was nigh unwatchable. It became a triumph of the will to make it to the end. First off, Babs doesn't show up until thirty minutes in, and by that point my patience had up and died on me. But goddamn every scene was tedium. Blah blah market shares blah blah committees and oversight and oh my god shut the fuck up, June Allyson! I hate your voice so much!

What got me through was whenever Barbara was on-screen (which wasn't enough, not nearly enough, never enough) and Bill Holden looking so relaxed in his suits with his broad shoulders and his handsome everything. Otherwise... anybody love this movie? Can you explain to me what I missed?
.

2 comments:

J.D. said...

Yeah, I'm basically the same.

I don't get why Nina Foch got an Oscar nom? I don't even remember her in it at all.

Jason Adams said...

My bf was looking up info on the movie while we were watching it because we were so bored and saw that she was nominated and so I watched her closely and I HAVE NO IDEA WHY EITHER, JD.