Monday, March 29, 2010

The Runaways in 150 Words or Less

.
Loses steam in the final thirty minutes or so, but that first hour's a blast. Liked it best when it meandered a little bit and lost sight of the biopic staples (now is when someone's sexually exploited, now is when the drugs get out of hand, so on). But it was a great world that director Floria Sigismondi plopped us down into, fully realized and really beautifully shot, and it was nicest when we were just sorta hanging out there. Both Dakota and Kristen were very strong, and their first kiss at the roller-rink is super duper hot, and I don't even like girls (that way).

Bonus shout-out to Michael Shannon, you glorious freak.
..

2 comments:

DuchessKitty said...

Totally agree that it lost a ton of momentum in the last 25 minutes and that the film's best moments were the quiet ones that veered away from the cliches.
Michael Shannon was glorious! And I can't believe how much I DIDN'T want to punch Kirsten Stewart or Dakota Fanning. In fact I thought they were both kind of amazing, especially Stewart. She said more with her eyes than her mouth.

Jason Adams said...

I generally like both Dakota and Kristen. But then I haven't seen the Twilight movies, and it seems a lot of the hate towards Kristen comes from those. I wouldn't really call myself a fan of either of them; neither was really making me HAVE to see this movie. But I was curious seeing Dakota become a big girl now, I guess.