Friday, March 26, 2010

Greenberg in 150 Words or Less

.

I didn't think I could fall much harder for Greta Gerwig, but boy oh man boy, was I a silly person. I've now seen her in three movies, and with each I find a totally different person on-screen. Physically it's still her, but she builds completely convincing new real people each time, out of the smallest details. I imagine Florence hanging out with House of the Devil's Megan and Baghead's Michelle and I wonder what those conversations would be like, and if these three separate ladies would get along. Point being, she's incredible.

And we finally have a Noah Baumbach movie that I fully approve of. It's the same world as Squid and Margot, but Greenberg's insights felt less forced. It didn't feel like he was trying so damn hard. And this is the Ben Stiller I always want out of my Ben Stiller, but hardly ever get. Thumbs up!
.

No comments: